Tuesday, April 26, 2011

NaTuRaL DiVaS: Trena



Name: Trena Smith
Where are you located (City, State) Grand Prairie, TX

How long have you been natural? 5 years

How long did you transition before big chopping? 4 months

Why did you decide to go natural? I got tired of sitting in the beauty shop for 4-5 hours (with a hair appointment) and I wanted fuller, longer, healthier hair.


How did friends and family react to your decision?
I did not have much support when I decided to loc. A lot of people asked why I was locing because I had such “good hair”.

What is your regimen right now?
I go to a loctician once a month for all maintenance for my hair. I sleep with a satin bonnet cap on every night. I found with my hair that less is more when you are doing all the right things your hair needs. I was once a product junkie but quickly came to the realization that once you find something that works well for your hair there is really no need to keep trying other things.


What would you say to the girl/woman who may be thinking of going natural?
Do it!! NOW!! It is such a liberating experience. I encourage all to discover their natural you! You will be surprised just what your hair is really capable of.

Last style before transition:

















Straightened natural hair before locs:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...